lundi 28 mai 2007

Top Gear Special

Thought I'd give an update about the 'Top Gear Special' happening this Saturday, because I'm sure you've all been dying to know about it... or something.

Joel and Chewstep are coming out to visit in Caen this Friday, and the concept is that I shall race them to Deauville in true Top Gear fashion, myself playing Clarkson, Joel as Hammond and John appropriately as James May.

THe course is approx. 50k on the bike, which I think I can do in about 1h45 if all goes well. In the mean time they shall have to get to the station at Caen, take the 49 minute train to Deauville, and then make it to the rendezvous.

In theory it should be pretty close, though it will probably all hinge on a few factors...

How hung over I am, Whether they miss their change, whether I puncture, and if biscuits are indeed sufficient fuel for such a feat, they haven't failed me yet. There will of course be a sufficient forfeit for the loser(s), possibly some form of Karaoke at my birthday party, or some sort of head shaving...

ANd I forgot to mention that a bee stung me by my right eye a couple of days ago, meaning I'm down to one. WHich isn't great for cycling. Hopefully the swelling will go down soon and make me look a little less ridiculous. x

Aucun commentaire: